I’LL BE BACK… TERMINATOR 2 (oz) VERSION OF LAST YEARS HIT ROUND DEBUTS
Last year, Stardust Silver debuted their first in a five piece series of silver rounds featuring The Terminator, or as Arnie likes to say it, Tha Tuurrrmeenayta. Sci-Fi has been a big subject in numismatics for the last few years, and getting more popular with Star Trek and Star Wars experiencing considerable success in many cases.
Stardust have followed up their 5,00 mintage one-ounce round with a bigger two-ounce version limited to just 1,000 pieces. The design is virtually identical to the first coin, depicting the classic T-800 Terminator as portrayed by Schwarzeneggar in the 1984 movie. It remains struck to a reverse proof finish with the iconic glowing eyes of the T800 highlighted in red colour. Collector favourite Heidi Wastweet sculpted the coin. The edge of the round is inscribed with the serial number that matches the enclosed certificate of authenticity.
We incorrectly stated last year that the 1oz did not come in packaging; it does and we’ve shown the blue sleeve design below. The 2oz coin comes in a black box. Several dealers sell them, including APMEX who currently have it up for $104.99. With the 1oz selling for $74.99 and at five times the mintage, this new bigger Terminator seems a particularly good choice.
What better way to depict the iconic endoskeleton, undoubtledly instrumental to the success of The Terminator movie franchise, then to create his recognizable image in .999 Fine SILVER!! After all, the T-800 is an International star of the Silver Screen.
This design, created by Michael S. Berman and exceptionally sculpted by world renowned metal sculptress, Heidi Wastweet, is a high relief, Reverse Proof*.
- Obverse: The Terminator’s face is based off the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 Series 800 Terminator that was sent by Skynet in 2029 to Los Angeles in 1984 to kill Sarah Connor, the future mother of John Connor, the leader of the future human resistance. Behind the face shows the carnage that follows this machine’s path.
- Reverse: The tagline that launched the franchise is shown at the top, along with “THE TERMINATOR”, the killing machine as depicted in the original Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 blueprints.
Fantastically executed by Sunshine Minting, Inc. who was the manufacturer for this art round.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Round comes encapsulated with a the serial number engraved on the edge. Also included is a numbered COA along with a Terminator-themed holder.
- Limited mintage of 1,000 rounds.
- Edge is engraved with serial number matching the certificate of authenticity.
*A reverse proof coin is a coin that is struck in the same manner as a normal proof coin, except that the fields are frosty and the raised devices are mirror-like. The term reverse proof does not mean that only the reverse side of the coin is struck in proof finish. The entire coin is in proof finish, with the “reverse” meaning stemming from the fact that the fields are frosty (rather than the devices.)
The T-800 was a Terminator model portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger. In the first film, Skynet begins as a Global Digital Defense Network computer system by Cyberdyne Systems which becomes self-aware. Things turn for the worst when these machines perceive humans as a security threat and attempt to wipe out humanity altogether.
PACKAGING (1oz left, 2oz right)
|DENOMINATION||COMPOSITION||WEIGHT||DIAMETER||FINISH||MINTAGE||BOX / COA|
|N/A||0.999 SILVER||62.2 g||50.8 mm||REVERSE PROOF||1,000||YES / YES|
Leave A Comment