The Aseyev Estate is a museum complex in Tambov and a branch of the Peterhof reserve-museum. At present, it consists of a main building, a fountain and a park.
In early 20th century, Mikhail Aseyev, a prominent cloth manufacturer, bought a land plot with an old park. By 1905, based on the design of L.N. Kekushev, a renowned Moscow architect and a notable modern master, a quite extraordinary building had been constructed. Its architecture combined the elements belonging to three different styles: modern, baroque and classicism. The asymmetrical facades of the building were richly decorated.
In 1918, the whole Aseyevs’ real estate was nationalised and the building became state-owned. Later on, in the 1930s, the estate hosted a cardiological health resort, which continues to operate at present. In 2014, after the restoration, the Aseyev mansion-house was opened as a regular museum.
REVERSE: the mirror field of the disc features a relief image of the building of the Aseyev estate against the background of the estate park, along the rim there are inscriptions: “УСАДЬБА АСЕЕВЫХ” (ASEYEV ESTATE) at the top and “ТАМБОВ” (TAMBOV) at the bottom.
ARTIST: O.G. Shepel